Save Point Molate Donate Now!
Stop the Bad Deal with SunCal - It’s Not Too Late
Here’s what YOU can do now
- Write Community Development Director Lina Velasco about the inadequacies of the City’s latest Draft Environmental Impact Report (SEIR) and why it will go to court unless significantly improved. URGENT: Your comments must be received by 5 pm April 30!
- Write the City Manager, the Planning Commission, and the City Council to alert them to the many financial, traffic, safety and environmental risks involved with SunCal’s proposal
Take Action! Here are sample letters/emails for your use: Lina Velasco * Planning Commission * City Manager * City Council
What the City Council, Planning Commission and City Manager should do right now
- Postpone all decisions until the public can participate fully in the review and approval process
- Provide a full financial analysis of the project’s impact on the City’s budget with a strategy for protecting the City’s General Fund
- Reject the City’s latest Draft Subsequent Environmental Impact Report (SEIR) as inadequate and request a more complete analysis of known traffic, safety and environmental concerns. See Unanswered Questions No.s 6-16 here.
- Let the voters decide – place the Citizen Initiative on the November ballot – whether or not to restrict development to the Winehaven District and create a ridge-to-shoreline park in the southern portion of the property